

I went to Vinh, a city about 5 and half hours south of Hanoi, to meet the future in-laws. Fortunately, they weren’t mine. My good friend, Ngan, asked me to be there with her for the moral support as she traveled to meet the family of her boyfriend. This visit is part of the engagement process of every Vietnamese couple. This meeting determines whether the parents will allow the relationship to continue or force it to stop so there is a lot of pressure.
As we entered the house, I became the main attraction…like a special freak show. While the mom and granny caressed my body to see whether or not it felt the same as theirs, Ngan charmed the rest of the family. She was great and they would be insane not to have been impressed by her. I was glad that I could be there for such an important event in my friend’s life and now we have another special memory to reminisce on later in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment