
Bobbing for apples, rolling one another up in toilet paper, and carving pumpkins are all the rave in Hanoi. I had organized a party last year and as soon as my Vietnamese friends knew that I’d be back in Hanoi for the holiday, they began expressing their dire need for another party. Well, I love hosting parties and this just provided me another opportunity to introduce some of my students to other native speakers while enjoying the benefits of getting a group of people together. Since I have about 130 students, I chose about 5 students from each of my four classes who had come prepared for class…which is a rare occasion and must be celebrated. The night was nothing less than a hit as I watched even my expat friends diving in for the apples, which were half bitten into by students who had been unsuccessful.
No comments:
Post a Comment